Our founders, H.D. and Lillian Yates Potter, moved from Salyersville, KY to West Liberty, KY in 1941, where Mr. Potter was the first Funeral Director and Embalmer to start a complete full service Funeral Home in the West Liberty area. It was located on Main Street and known as Potter and Company. In the late 1940's, the name of the funeral home changed to Potter Funeral Home. In 1951, Mr. Potter moved the funeral home to the present location on Glenn Avenue. In 1974, the funeral home became Incorporated, now known as Potter Funeral Home, Inc. After the passing of Mr. Potter in 1994 and Mrs. Potter in 1997, their legacy and business is being carried on by their son and two daughters, Marling Potter, Joyce Ann Bach, and Marta McKenzie.
The foundation of our business was built on the service to our families which continues today. We at Potter Funeral Home, Inc., represent our business with quality service at an affordable price, honesty, compassion, dignity, respect, and ready to serve 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, serving your family as if it were our own.